What we do
Our aim is for all children and young people in our region to live safe from harm and have every opportunity to live happy, healthy and successful lives.
Our shared priorities across the Mallee focus on the following areas.
- Perinatal to six years for the best start in life
- Increasing Aboriginal children’s capacity to start prep ahead of the curve
- Address the high level of teenage pregnancy rates
The Mallee Children and Youth Area Partnership is committed to increasing the reach and measureable effectiveness of prevention and intervention for vulnerable children, young people and families across the Mallee.
The framework followed is a Collective Impact approach. This approach acknowledges divergent thinking, and new ways of working to ensure outcomes for our vulnerable children, youth and families are improved.
The Mallee Children and Youth Area Partnership takes a place-based approach, building on existing partnerships working with local communities to improve outcomes for children, young people and families. Our working groups are:
- Robinvale-Euston Community Alliance,
- Northern Mallee Community Partnership: which includes the Hands Up Mallee initative
- Southern Mallee Children and Youth Area Partnership.
For more information or to get involved, please contact us.